We all love chilli, so here’s another warming deep flavoured dish which is great for everyone!!!
VEGAN TRIPLE BEAN AND RED PEPPER CHILLI
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 peppers, diced fairly small pieces.
- 460g of roasted red peppers in a jar
- 2 tsp chipotle paste
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 large tin of refried beans
- 1 tin black-eyed beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tin black beans, drained and rinsed
- Oil for frying
- Drain the jar of peppers over a bowl – keep the liquid to one side.
- Next put 2 of the peppers into a food processor with the chipotle paste, vinegar, cocoa, dried spices and herbs. Blend into a purée. Keep for later.
- In a deep flameproof casserole dish add a little oil on a low heat. Add your onions, peppers and celery into it and cook till soft.
- Then add your paste stir well. Follow with tomatoes, refried beans a 1/4 cup of the pepper liquid. Stir and combine – The sauce needs to thicken up so allow to simmer for a few mins.
- Whilst this is simmering, cut your peppers into small pieces. Add the rest of your beans and peppers. Allow this to cook for a further 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!